Focus on these nutrients to prevent bone loss associated with menopause transition and aging.
- Drink milk or soy milk everyday (maybe in a smoothie!)
- Eat greek yogurt with some fruits as a treat
- Cook some seafood for a change or try no-cook dishes like sushi or poke
- Incorporate cheeses like ricotta and mozzarella into your meals and snacks
- Spend some time in the sun!
- Drink milk or soy beverages
- Include whole-grain cereals
- Supplement as needed - vitamin D is notoriously hard to get from diet alone
- Load up on leafy greens, whole grains, nuts and seed. Think pumpkin seeds in your salad, a handful of spinach or foods with almonds like Shevolve Nutrition M Bites.
- Supplement as needed - absorption decreases with age.
- More reasons to eat leafy greens like kale and broccoli.
- Some research shows that vitamin K2 supplementation improves bone and heart health.
- Add beans or legumes to soups, salads, or grain/pasta dishes
- Cook with whole grains like brown rice, farro, and quinoa
- Milk and Greek yogurt are also great sources of protein!
- Try nuts as a snack or as a crunchy topping in a salad
More is not always better
At Shevolve Nutrition, we believe food comes first. This means enjoying a wide variety of whole foods to nourish the body and mind. And tapping into Shevolve M Bites for certain nutrients that are notoriously difficult to get enough from the diet alone.
Notice that we're not encouraging you to over supplement with large doses. We left a number of nutrients out that you might see on other multivitamin labels. This is because we believe that supplementing should only be for the nutrients that we tend to not get enough of from our regular diet alone.